For those who were wondering why I haven't updated the blog... we were in Illinois for the past 2 1/2 weeks. We're home finally. YIPPIE!
Claire's 3rd Birthday
Our trip to Illinois was WONDERFUL. We celebrated Claire's 3rd birthday (her first celebration with us) on August 6th. Great Grandma Robbins decorated an old golfing cap with happy faces and marked it "Happy Birthday Princess". This is the first time Claire has had her birthday celebrated. She opened each gift with such awe and thankfulness. It was really sweet. What a wonderful day. We thank Grandma Robbins for making this day so marvelous. I couldn't have made it any better!!
Wildlife Prairie Park
We took a trip to Wildlife Prairie park with Papa Robbins and our cousins where we saw some bobcats, elk, deer, buffalo, a black bear, and more. We also took a little train ride through the woods.
The girls Great Grandparents
Playing with our cousins, aunts, & uncles


Maren & Paige Aunt Martha & Cousin Trent


Uncle Jon and the kids Me & my sister Theresa (also pregnant)
Nauvoo
In our church, we believe families can be bound together forever. We had a special ceremony in the Nauvoo LDS temple that cemented Claire into our family forever. It was very sweet.
Pregnancy
I had Doug take this pic of me just seconds ago. We are now nearly24 weeks pregnant. My belly is huge! I can't imagine getting any bigger and yet I have 3 months to go. Geesh. I have elephantitis of the ankles every evening. In fact, the drive home from Illinois made my ankles so swollen that we had to stay at my in-laws in NY last night instead of coming straight home. I have MONSTER feet. Even the tops are puffy. Interesting are the side effects of pregnancy. I still say adoption is harder.... ;)
5 comments:
Great pictures. Somehow pictures make it all so real. Now I'm super sad that I couldn't join the fun. You look beautiful! Even those feet!
I can't believe you have 2- 3 year olds. I can barely handle one. Claire is so cute! I just want to pinch those adorable cheeks. I can't wait to meet her someday.
You have a great looking family! Looks like you guys had a blast, its alway nice being with family. You look do adorable pregnant! I remember those swollen ankles and feet, no fun, but will be very worth it! The girls are just too cute for words!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Claire! You are so adorable. Hope you are feeling well, Suzie. It won't be long now, huh? I owe you an email I know. It's crazy busy at work}:
Love these pictures of your trip. Your girls are so cute and it was fun to see how your whole family is doing. Congratulations on you sealing! We are so happy for you guys. Pregnancy does do strange things to your body but you look very cute!
Virginia
Post a Comment