
Thanks to Doug's sister, Dawn and niece Casey, Doug and I were able to go away this weekend. We stayed in Portsmouth, NH which is right on the Maine/NH border. It's a beautiful port city with the typical colonial homes you see in postcards. We spent most of Saturday in Maine. Above are pictures we took while in York, Maine on the coast. Doug hunted for sea shells for the girls while I plopped my prego self down on a rock.
We did lots of shopping. I finally got a car seat travel system and picked up an amazing bassinet from a lady in NH for only $35. What a deal!! It looks brand new... was only used a month or so. I love craigslist. If you don't know about craigslist, google it. You can find awesome things for sale (or you can list things for sale) in your own area. Like my little plug there?
It was so nice spending the weekend away from kids... not that I don't love them so much, of course. I got to sleep and actually talk to my husband without hearing "mom, MOm, MOM, MOMMY!!!" I remind myself sometimes that I do actually have a relationship with my husband outside of children... so nice!
I also decided this weekend to switch medical treatment facilities for the pregnancy. The midwife I'm seeing has done nothing but provide me stress over the past month. I think she'll be just as happy to see me go as I am to find an MD who I feel I can trust. So sad... I think she's nice as a person, I really do. I just haven't been able to feel confidence in her decision-making on my behalf. I've never been a person to "stir the pot", but I guess I'm learning that not every provider is a good match for every patient. I'm nervous to call to tell them I'm switching (I'm such a wimp sometimes) but I'm doing it.... tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. I hope an MD will feel good about taking a prego woman at nearly 32 weeks.
6 comments:
Oh my gosh - Portsmouth! You are soooo lucky!! Tell me you thought of me - you did, I know you did.
This looks/sounds like an awesome trip! What beautiful pictures. 32 weeks already? Wow ~ things are moving so fast. Great picture of you guys!
Suzie- It has been so long! It is weird how I found your blog....I won't go into details! I am just glad I came across your blog. Your children are so adorable....and your pregnant!!! That is so awesome!
beautiful scenery!! Lookin good girl!
I am sure your MD wont mind. I was 6 months prego with Joey even before I went to an OBGYN. I didn't even see any med. person before. Probably wasn't the best choice, but nothing bad had happened in the 6 months of new med. care.
Post a Comment