Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Erin's 2nd birthday

About a week before you were born I went into false labor.  There I met an amazing nurse, Ilene Snow, who we came to realize lived just a few houses down the street from us.  I was sent home that night.  I felt so embarrassed that the labor was false and I found myself very frustrated.  About 10 days later we went into the hospital to be induced.

I remember asking if Ilene was going to be working that day.  They told me that she was.  I asked if she could be my nurse that evening.  They assigned her to me per my request.  I was happy to have Ilene by my side from 7 PM when labor was just getting intense to 2:33 AM when you were born to around 4 AM when I said to your Daddy, "Doug, is the baby breathing?  She isn't moving."  It was so dark in the room that I couldn't see you exactly and your Dad was so exhausted that I don't even think he heard my question. 

Then I moved your arm and it just plopped down limply to my chest.  At that precise moment, Ilene came into the room.  I learned later that she was walking down the hall and "a little voice in her head said, 'Go check on Suzie'." 

I said, "Ilene, I don't think the baby's is breathing."

Ilene rushed over to you.  Little did I know, Ilene who has been a Labor and Delivery nurse for more than 30 years was the hospital's lead and teacher of infant resuscitation.  She suctioned your airway and revived you to life.  She told me later that your whole body was gray and ashy.  They put you in the NICU until they knew for sure what had happened.  You simply had some mucus in your windpipe which clogged your airway.  What a relief. 

I don't believe it was a coincidence that we met Ilene the week before.  I think God had a plan for you, my darling.

And here you are today.  Happy, healthy, smart, a perfect little miracle.  We love you Erin.

 Erin waking up to a surprise- the living room full of balloons.

 Erin's first present... Minnie Mouse

 Erin's new Chair/sleepbag combo
 Erin literally stared at her cake for 45 minutes.  She kept telling me that Foofa was on her cake.
 Erin is a big fan of YO GABBA GABBA!
 Out of all her clothes, Erin chose her princess dress to wear today.  How fitting!
Aunt Theresa and Uncle Jon's families came for dinner and cake.  Thanks for the cow guys!

1 comments:

the herd said...

Those are great pictures! I don't even know what Goo Joba or whatever you called it was. Is that a t.v. show?

Happy birthday baby girl!!!