Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Portland

We are home safely from Portland, OR..  The appt. at Shriners was short and sweet.  Surgery set for April.  They will repair both his hard and soft palates.  30 days of only soft foods- oh boy...  everything has to be the consistency of yogurt.  He won't be a fan, but I think he'll enjoy the fact that he can finally drink from a straw.

The surgeon is wonderful.  He has been instructed by the inventor of the surgery.  Sounds like we will have another surgery at age 4 if speech isn't great.  Orthodontics.  Another surgery at 8 or 9 (bone graft) and one more surgery around 16 yrs.  Not bad, if you ask me.

The kids were pretty good all things considered.  Portland is a beautiful city.  It's warm.  We only had to wear jackets.  I am excited to go back and actually spend some time there.  We'll make it more of a vacation when we travel in April.

Just so glad to be home.  Thanks to my mother-in-law for helping me so much during the trip.  No more travel for awhile.  I just want to be home.

4 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Oh I do love Portland... it was my "backyard" across the river growing up. A beautiful city!

So happy that the plans for Seth are looking good!

the herd said...

It was nice to talk to you! You will love Portland in April. It's a great city!

Sally-Girl! said...

First, I love the new family photo!! HOw sweet!!!! Second, so glad all went well in Portland in regards to his surgery! I too like Portland. The boat ride up the river is fun!!!

So happy for Gracie's true love!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Sally's. Please let me know if you need a place to stay when you come to Portland. We live about 25 miles south from Shriners. I've loved following your blog.

Susan Peterson
peatwins@yahoo.com