Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Three years ago today


Three years ago today
I saw your face
with short hair, 
clothes too tight
shoes with holes, 
silver bracelets, 
veggie cracker snacks.

Today I see your face
with long, silky hair, 
clothes just right, 
blue shoes, your favorite color
silver necklaces, 
still loving those veggie crackers.

Three years ago today, 
sisters quarreling, 
sisters running, 
sisters hugging, 
sisters laughing, 
sisters meeting.

Today I see...
sisters quarreling,
sisters running, 
sisters hugging, 
sisters laughing, 
sisters loving.

Three years ago today
I was learning to love you
You were learning to love me

Today
there is no learning
Love exists and is eternal.

I love you Claire Lin Daley.  Happy "Gotcha Day".  I don't know where I would be without you...

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh happy day! One that changed the dynamic of your family and carved a life for a precious girl with a family full of love! So happy and celebrating with you!!! xoxoxox

the herd said...

WE are SO glad to have our little Claire in our family! We love you, Claire!

Myra said...

how sweet! Congrats! She's such a beautiful girl!!

OK - so what are you suppose to do with a dead cat in Idaho?? Is there something I don't know about?? Feed it to your boa constrictor or something?? Gulp!

The Hundertmarks said...

I love Clairie Lin so much! I'm so glad you are part of our family!