Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Leaving for Portland

So while Doug was tickling this little guy, I thought I'd take the opportunity to get one last picture of his palate before it's corrected in Portland later this week.  I have mixed emotions about this surgery.  Obviously, I am thrilled that he will have it repaired.  He will be able to speak better, eat better, etc, etc, etc...  On the other hand it's going to be a long and arduous recovery.  And, it was this cleft issue that make it possible for us to bring him home to our family.  I know that sounds weird, but this has been a part of who my boy is, and now things will change a lot.  I am very grateful, though.  Please don't misunderstand....

Thank you Shriners for your consideration.  Please pray for our safety en route, for a successful surgery, and a quick and relatively painless recovery period.

2 comments:

MommaT said...

Will be praying for your little man. So his gumline was not affected by the cleft? It should be easier to fix then. Hugs!

the herd said...

I'm glad you took this picture of Seth. It's always nice to have a before pic.

I hope the ride goes well! You will be in our prayers!