Last night my brother and sister-in-law watched our kids so Doug and I could go on a date. When we came to pick them up, the kids were watching the movie, Cars. While we own every princess, Barbie, and Toy Story movie there is, Cars is not one of them. My sister-in-law graciously let us borrow the movie. Seth held it the entire ride home.
When he woke up this morning, he ran to the movie and said, "Coo..."
"Did you just say, "Cool??" I asked.
"Yeah!" He replied.
With a gun in one hand and Cars in the other, the boy was in heaven.
Before we met our son I thought that the love of cars, trains, guns, tractors, motorcycles, planes, and the color blue was something that we, as society taught our sons to love. I have since learned that that love of the fast, furious, dangerous, and bizarre is just a gift they have from birth.


6 comments:
How fun! Wait til he realizes there's a Cars II!!!!! lol Suz, you have to read "Wild At Heart". A must for every mother of boys!!! Love you all!!! xoxoxo
I second that. I could tell once Gabe was old enough to pick up a toy. He would grab it and shake it and growl at it. He turns his head at the sound of any engine and now he mimics his dad doing sit ups and pull-ups. Our three girls never did any of that!
I cut the guns off of all of Ethan's toy soldiers, I bought him dolls and taught him to always be soft until one day I woke up and saw him rolling up a kitchen towel pointing it at me and using it as a gun! I really don't think he knew what a gun even was!
I kept the plastic soldiers so I could laugh at myself!
Seth is all boy!!! Seth is COOL!!!
Seriously can he get any cuter???? I warned you how much you were going to love having a boy!!!!!
Post a Comment