Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yes, Christmas Came!

 Yes, Christmas DID come for all of my kids.  Dad is off work until after the New Year.  He's been.... doing the laundry!??!  HA! Playing with the kids... Taking pics of Erin trying on my glasses.... does she look like my mother-in-law or what?!?


We had a party on the 23rd with three of my siblings and their kids.  It was SUCH a blast.  They are all so much fun!  We have a traditional recycled toy exchange among cousins. (It's always a great time for me to get rid of the really LOUD toys!)
My youngest brother, his wife and two kids stayed a couple of nights with us.  Their daughter is the cutest little DIVA I have ever, ever met.  Erin likes to call her "Baby Sambo" (even though she is just 2 months older).  Seth went around just calling her "Bo".  She and Seth got along remarkably good.  It was fun watching him walk around with his arm around her shoulder.

Christmas morning was a delight!  Grandma Daley made PJ's for all the kids.  These are Seth's:
 Paige and Claire sporting some of their presents.  There big Santa gift was a 3 story Barbie townhouse.  It's almost taller than they are!  Fun times!
 Can you believe I am actually posting this awful, awful picture of myself?  I was making banana bread for breakfast Christmas morning.  That's me: Raw. Crazy hair. In my element.


Claire loved having a new addition to her stuffed animal collection: A daddy for her little 'Wolfie'.  We simply call him: MR. WOLFIE.
Doug made the kids a lego duplo table.  I love that Doug is so talented.  He made a wooden marble ramp game for each of my siblings at the party, too.  In memory of my dear Grandpa Davis.... Ahhh.... Grandpa.  Bet he was in heaven telling everyone about the gift Doug made... bet he's still telling about it to anyone who'll listen.  Grandma's probably jabbing him in the side, rolling her eyes! 

Merry Christmas.  Remembering the true meaning behind the gifts.... the Gift to us all: Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Looks like fun for all!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can totally picture grandma and grandpa! I love that story and my kids love the marble game. I'm glad to hear you had such a great Christmas!
P.S. I think you look adorable in that picture! It's the picture I have in my head of every mother on Christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Christmas so was wonderful at your home. I love D. all of the pictures. We wish we could have been there. Everyone looks so happy. Thank you so much for letting us peek into your Christmas day. We sure miss you all.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

Mike and Heidi said...

Glad you had a good day!!! Our kids LOVE the table. Zach especially plays with it all the time! Thanks again for letting us stay with you.