Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We have our second daughter!


Here are some photos right when we received Claire.



Here are the girls in their matching PJ's. and playing with Cheerios. I have matching clothes for them every day.

Claire is doing well. She is sad whenever our Chinese guide leaves us at the hotel room. I know she feels uncomfortable. Today she is very sad- no doubt mourning her "old life". Tomorrow we visit the orpahange which will likely freak her out again. Poor girl. She is so sweet and loving and really, really funny. She has massive facial expression and a pouty face that looks like an old man. She has said "more" and "frog" in English. She picks up on how to play games with us. She is really bright. Claire looks like a little Buddha! She is SO heavy! I don't mean fat, per se. She is just as solid as a brick! She's a couple of inches shorter than Paige but definitely weighs more. Her mannerisms and looks are still so baby-like. She definitely has her own personality- stubborn and funny and very happy. We are lucky and hope her transition gets better and better.

Her haircut is awful! They shaved the back of her head. Oh boy! Time will fix that :). You know me and my obsession with hair...

We miss you all and wish we could be home NOW. We're finding 2 toddlers much harder than one. Whoah!

15 comments:

Lipstick and Hockey Sticks said...

Congratulations! We are praying for eassy adjustments for you all and for great sleep. It really helps.=)

With Blessings,
The Borrowdales

Donna said...

Congrats on your beautiful new blessing!

~Samantha~ said...

She is so precious! I just know that she is going to thrive in her new loving family enviroment. You are right 2 toddlers are much harder, but it does get easier. I am so glad we get to follow your journey! We will be praying for a smooth transition. Paige will be so thankful for a sister! So happy your are finally a family of 4! Hope you have a safe trip home. Keep those pictures coming!

the Daltons

jody said...

I am so happy for all of you. Thanks for posting pics, it makes my waiting a bit easier. I am anxious to hear about your orphange visit, hope all goes well. Take Care, Jody, waiting in NC

jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the herd said...

She's very cute! I can't believe you are there and she is yours!

Anonymous said...

She really is beautiful. We are praying for you daily and looking forward to your post about the orphanage!
Martha, waiting in LA

Waiting for Mei Mei said...

Hi Guys!!

She is just adorable! No surprise she is a bright girl, she just needed the right family :)

So, I just have to know, how heavy is heavy?? You know the story of us....still carrying around my 14 month old that is the size of a two year old!! UGH, my back!

Can't wait until you are home to meet her in person. May the rest of transition go smoothly!


Meredith

Jon and Sunny Robbins said...

I was showing Maren the pictures of Paige and Claire and trying to explain that Claire is Paige's sister like Eliza is Maren's. She got all excited and said "play with our friends!? Paige and Claire play with Maren ans Eliza! That would be fun!" We can't wait to see you this summer and to meet Claire.

We are glad she is with you and that she is yours. She is a very lucky little girl. Congradulations!

The J Robbins Fam

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Doug and Suzie,

Claire is beautiful!!! Your family is so gorgeous, I hope that the transitions get easier. Can't wait to meet her!

Thanks for the pictures!

Sonia said...

What great pictures!! You finally have your little Claire. What a doll baby ~ I'll bet Paige is just loving it. Wishing you safe and easy travels home.

miquelle and cody said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting that you have another beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful!! What precious, precious girls!
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the addition of daughter Claire! You don't know us we are the Harrisons in NC, friends of Patricia Cercopely with Willow, Sage and Piper. She has us VERY excited that you might have photos and videos of our little one Xiaozhen, soon to be Charis. We too have another toddler, so your adventures are of particular interest to us, as Lyndsay will travel with us to China. All we can say is a huge thank you and we'll be praying for your family to have a smooth transition and safely during your travels. Blessings to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I believe I have several pictures of your new daughter in the pic. the orphanage gave me of my daughter a few weeks ago. These pic. were taken one to three months ago.
Patricia