Well, I must say that the trip home was wonderful. It was AWESOME to have all six of us kids home together. We all get along so well. I am blessed with an amazing family. My Grandma Davis would have loved her service and I hope God gave her a glimpse into all the wonderful stories we all shared. I am sure she would've been overjoyed. It was also really fun to see my cousins. We all grew up together and shared many memories at our grandparent's home. They are all so much fun. My grandfather, bless his heart, is having a tough time. In this case a little dementia is a blessing. Poor soul. He was such an intellectual that it's disheartening to see him forget so much. It was a lot of fun anyways to talk with him and "break him out" of his nursing home "prison" a few times during the week.
It was also fun to see my Grandma Robbins. She is doing so well. The whole week we kept watching Erin try to roll over. And you know what??!? The one time I leave the room, she rolls. Grandma was the only one who saw it. I'm really happy that my Erin has this little connection with her GREAT Grandma!
3 comments:
Did you save all the sheets from your grandparents' house? There's nothing better in the whole world. I have a crib sheet from my Nana's house in a chest just waiting to be used. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
We had such a great time with you! I miss you already!
That's wonderful that you got to spend some time with your family...we sure miss ours. So, we were wondering if your girls liked stickers because my girls got a letter in the mail from my cousins daughter asking us to participate in "the sticker club." Basically we'd send you this letter and all you'd have to do is send out 1 packet of stickers and 6 copies of this letter and your kids will get something special in the mail back...36 packets of stickers. It sounded like fun, and my girls love stickers, so we thought we'd try it out. Let me know if you're interested!!
Post a Comment