Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grandpa's Art


So while cleaning out my Grandparent's stuff, I came across an oil painting my Grandfather did years ago. Though at first it appeared whethered in an old, cheap wooden frame, I thought it was quite good. I thought how wonderful it would be to have some of my Grandpa's talent displayed in my home. So.... after a trip to Michael's, I now have a gorgeous piece of art hanging in our library/office. I never even knew he could paint! What wonders we find out about people close to us! Anyone else out there a closet artist!?!?

4 comments:

the herd said...

That's great, Suzie! It's really beautiful! I can't believe I didn't steal it away from you when I had a chance!

Jessica said...

That is awesome!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

It really is special. We have a painting done by my grandpa that we just love too!

Kerri said...

It looks so perfect! How sweet of her to "leave a gift behind" for you. I know you'll treasure it.