Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Until we meet again Grandma...


Bonnie Beryl Brooks Davis, age 93 passed away from natural causes on April 4, 2009 at her residence in Springfield, IL. Bonnie was born on March 29, 1916 in Gila, Jasper County, IL the daughter of Riley Nelson Brooks & Neoma May Myers. Bonnie grew up on a farm with her parents and five siblings near Hidalgo, IL. Bonnie was preceded in death by two brothers: Vernon and Bill and two sisters: Wilma and Winnie. She is survived by one sister, Margaret Crabtree of Lincoln, IL.


Bonnie began her career working for a family in Charleston, IL. It was while working for this family that she met Gilbert Davis, a medical student at Eastern Illinois University. Gilbert and Bonnie were married on August 19, 1938 in Keokuk, IA. Through the years the couple resided in Chicago, Belvidere, and Aurora IL where she worked as a cosmetologist. The couple moved to southeastern Florida in their latter years. There Bonnie was a beloved and trusted employee to several affluent families on Jupiter Island. She and her husband were devoted members of the Beacon Baptist Church in Jupiter, FL.


Gilbert and Bonnie have two children, Stephen Glen, who preceded his mother in death in 1997, and Carma Lynn Robbins of Springfield, IL. Together they have 10 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren.

Bonnie is survived by her husband, Gilbert of seventy years. Bonnie’s bright smile, work ethic, healthy lifestyle, honesty, and love for family and friends will be missed by her dear husband and all who knew her.


Goodbye my sweet Grandmother. I look forward to one day seeing you again.


5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear the news.

Megs said...

Now is one of those times when I am so grateful for the knowledge the gospel gives us!! We are so BLESSED to know we will see our loved ones again! :) I have gone through this too, and I am so sorry for your familys' loss. You will be in my prayers, take care Suz!!! How lucky you were for her to have met your kids, so wonderful! :D

Sonia said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing, Suzie. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Kerri said...

Love you. I'm so sorry for your family and glad that you know that you will be seeing that sweet little lady again. Wish I could give you a hug. Hold your precious girls close today.

Waiting for Mei Mei said...

Suzie, we are so sorry to hear of your dear Grandmother's passing. May all the good memories carry you through. She sounds like a wonderful lady!