Look at this cutie. I can't see a picture of this sweet daughter and laugh. Happy Birthday Claire Lin. You are four years old today. After weeks of talking about Paige's birthday it's FINALLY our turn to celebrate YOU!
Ode to Claire on her 4th birthday
You make me laugh while I roll my eyes.
The things you say are a big surprise.
Your imagination is something of which I am in awe
While playing doggie, I shake your paw.
Learning numbers and letters, you don't really care
You'd rather make a hat with your underwear.
You have a way of knowing when someone is sad
You do your best to make them glad
You were born to be my girl
I'm the luckiest mom in the world.
-
Apparently I have said, "Oh crap!" A time or two more than I should.
Last week Claire said, "Oh crap."
I asked her, "What did you just say?"
She repeated.
I said, "Did you say 'crap'?"
"No", she said, "I said, 'CRAB'!!" (she used her hands at pinchers).
Ooooopppss... So now we say "Oh BOY!" She tells me, "Mom, OH BOY... We don't say 'crab'."
One final note. As with Paige's birthday, my heart again, goes out to Claire's China Mom, who four years ago today gave me the greatest give she will never know. Claire's tiny birth note states she was born the same day she was let go. She is noted to be a "lost baby girl". I wish for Father in Heaven to place in this sweet woman's heart the knowledge that this baby is no longer lost, but found, loved, admired, and a part of a forever family.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Claire!!!! You are such a cutie!!
I remember when Mackenzie tried repeating "oh, crap" it came out as "oh, crack." It was hard not to laugh. Funny how you still know what they are talking about. :)
Sweet Claire! Happy Birthday, baby! I'm so glad she is in our family. What a gift she is to all of us! Thank you, Claire for being you!
Happy Belated Birthday to both Paige and Claire! They are both so adorable. Claire cracks me up and I love your poem to her. I got a visual(: Your little Erin is crawling? Wow, where does time go. Congrats to Doug on his promotion!! Life is really busy -- hope to catch up really soon. Take care D Family.
Oh how I love your 'odes'. Good ole Suz!! YOu are the cutest mom ever, and your girls just reflect you--through and through. Miss you!
Post a Comment