Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wake up my love!

My sleepy girl :) What a DIVA!




I had a conversation with the "boss" at the local elementary school a couple of months ago in response to some crazy issues we had this past year. I was telling her in passing that I thought starting preschool at 8AM for 3 year-olds seemed a little over the top. I stated that these little ones need as much sleep as possible. When she heard my opinion, she simply told me to put my kids to bed earlier. (A pretty rash response, I thought) I responded, "I put them to bed at 7PM. You want me to put them to bed at 6PM? COME NOW!"

Luckily, we were accepted into a private preschool with a much better schedule for the fall. So... if our house doesn't sell at least we won't have to worry about dealing with school issues for one more year. It's so true that you have to be your child's advocate with the school system. I can totally understand the desire to homeschool.

One last note... Doug received a well-earned promotion at IBM. Way to go Doug!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Congratulations Doug! And good for you for standing up for what your kids need. I hope you like your new school.

Kerri said...

Yeh for Doug! That is great! Suz, I completely agree with you about the school issue! I can't believe it when I see little ones not only going to school at 8:00 but on a bus too! Yikes! Leah is starting her first pre-school in September. We'll be going at the somewhat more reasonable hour of 9:30. Love to you all from KY!