Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Why we love ears

We love ears in our family. Each of our girls has an "ear story". Our two big girls can recite their ear stories and why their mom is so in love with their ears.

We'll start with Paige...

Paige has an ear atresia which has required and will require multiple surgeries. "Thank goodness!" I say... not for the surgeries, of course. But, had her ears been "normal" she would not have been placed on the special needs list which allowed us to be matched with her when we did.



Then there is Claire. ..

Her right ear is bigger than her left. It also sticks out some (which I think is adorable). She knows I love her right ear and loves to point it out and listen as I tell her the story of why this ear is my favorite. I tell her that when she was in China I received lots of pictures from friends who had been to her orphanage. There were so many pictures of different children that it was hard to figure out just which child was my Claire. However, because of that special right ear I was immediately able to pick her out amongst all the other sweet Chinese babies and know that THAT special baby girl was MY Claire Lin.


(If you can't tell, she's in the top row, 2nd child to the left in the navy shirt)

Last, but never least is Baby Erin....

Baby Erin has detached ear lobes. Her dad has attached lobes. This is about the only trait she has that is strictly Suzie. All else appears to be her daddy. Hooray for detached ear lobes :)



The moral of this entry...

Sometimes God gives us traits or trials that we may not understand or enjoy. However, if we take a step back and look at it from another angle, there is always something we can gain or learn from each of these imperfections.

0 comments: