Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Too many toys!??!


Thanks to our teenage cousin, Casey the girls have inherited pretty much every my little pony accessory ever made. Really. So many, in fact, that I'm not sure that we can house them all. After my attempts at unpacking all our toys, I'm realizing that we have way too many. We still have their new kitchen to grab from my sister's house AND the huge dollhouse Doug and I got the girls for Christmas... they still don't know about that surprise *shhhh* :)
-
I'm from a family of six kids. My older sister was the only of us four girls who ever owned a "real" cabbage patch kid. My sweet mom made the rest of us our own pseudo "cabbage patch" dolls. Not the same. Hense, I am not used to owning so many toys. I'm trying to sort out how I feel about it. I promised I would never buy my kids all of any particular toy, and I haven't. However, they do have just about everything and I am perplexed by this. Seeing them happy is great, but I don't want to raised spoiled minions either.
-
I'm certainly thankful to our sweet extended family for these wonderful gifts... please don't misinterpret my post...
-
Any thoughts?!?

2 comments:

JuliaVP said...

My cousins were in the same predicament of having "too many toys" so my aunt boxed some of them up and rotated them. Whenever there was a toy rotation switch, the new old toys felt like a huge treat. This only works well if you have a place to store the ones that are off rotation. Just an idea.

the herd said...

ah, just keep handing it out to them. Look how happy they are! There's always room for more! It's either that or have about three more kids.