Remember Darla, the little girl who loved fish, well... to death from Finding Nemo?
Erin is our "Darla".
Meet "Black Muffin"... yes, the kids named her... We've had "BM" (nice initials, right?) since early July. After the orange cat, "Pumpkin" ran away the same people who gave her to us gave us BM. We were smart this time and kept her in the garage until she got used to living with us. We were told she wasn't too good with people, but after a couple of weeks she warmed up to our kids.
She warmed up so much that one day I walked into the garage and Erin was strangling the poor thing. BM was just hanging there, letting Erin choke her. Hence the nickname: Darla.
Since then we have taught Erin how to hold BM and things are much better. However, when Erin starts runnning to the kitty our whole family secretly hopes that BM will get away. Erin even follows her up the foothills behind our house. Yikes.
At first I worried BM may not survive the winters. Now I'm just hoping she survives Erin.




2 comments:
LOL!! Oh, Suzie, that was the best laugh I have had in days. And only cause Georgia is the same way. I just never put her and "Darla" together.
That is hilarious Suzie!!! How funny that that is what we also call Camille. It is all about the look on their faces while they are torturing some poor animal or other kid for that matter :)
Post a Comment