For those who have been following our progress to Seth, our I-800 was approved on Friday, 11/19. We received the approval notice in the mail yesterday.
Poor Doug... there was a literal blizzard yesterday. He knew I was looking for some "adoption document" in the mail so he spent a good few minutes prying our frozen mailbox open. I told him not to worry about it. But through the blistering snow, he opened it and brought forth this last approval from the US Government.
So now the USA is ready for us to bring him home and make him an immediate US citizen. Woo-Hoo.
Now the document goes to New Hampshire where it is scanned and "cabled" to Guangzhou China. There it is picked up by our adoption agency rep and sent to Beijing. When the Chinese government gets it, they will then issues us a the long awaited "TA", travel approval. Two weeks from the TA, we leave! YIPPIE!
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving indeed! So cool you guys, I'm so excited for all of you :)
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa! That much closer!
Post a Comment