Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Shriners

So, I contacted the Shriners this week when Doug and I were in the midst of considering different health plans for our family.  For the "good insurance" we'd be paying MORE than $700/month just for coverage.  This does not cover co-insurance of 25% nor copays for surgeries/hospital stays.  We looked into the high deductible plan.  It seems the best at $250/month.  Of course then we are basically paying out of pocket for everything up to nearly $13K.  So, in total our out of salary cost for next year would be over $14K. 

We were both shocked.  Every year our coverage goes down while our premiums increase almost 20%- each year since we've been married they've gone up between 12-20+%.  Hmmm.... our salary never increases that much....

Since we don't qualify for any government help, I've turned to the Shriners Hospital in Portland, OR.  They are currently reviewing Seth's case.  We should know soon if he will be accepted.  The contact lady is SO NICE and it sounds like things will work out in his favor.  Thank God for these people.  I will forever be attending the Shriner's Circus!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Ok, I feel terrible but I don't like the circus. Randy takes Leah every year on a Daddy/Leah date. Now, for the guilt, not only do I not like the circus I like the Shriner's circus even less! NOW if Seth is treated by the Shriners I'm going to have to go! I'll do it and smile!

J and M Manire said...

My dad was a Shriner, Suz. Good memories of the circus when I was a kid. And the hospitals do such gooood work. Good luck with the paperwork avalanche, girl.