Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weekends and holidays

Weekends and holidays are so wonderful... when you aren't adopting.  When you are, you dread weekends because that means your adoption agency and all government offices are closed.  No news.  No progress.

No TA today.  Our agency is closed tomorrow.  Earliest news would be Monday and TA's are not expected by our agency on Monday.  "You never know," they say.

"Yeah, you never know."

Found excellent tickets to China from Idaho Falls, of all places.  Can't book them without the TA...  I am officially resigned.

Happy New Year...  hope my mother-in-law doesn't have to go back to Maryland, turn around and come back a couple days later.  What a mess...

To those who read this: Remember! This is my journal for my family.  I post whatever is going through my mind.... I know that all will work out when and how it should.... I know I am blessed.  I know things could be WAY worse.  I know. I know I'll be looking back in a couple months wondering why I was in such a rush... or maybe I won't.  If your child was stuck in another country, wouldn't you cringe at losing each precious minute with him?  Or is adoption "almost like having a real kid" like a lady from church recently told me... *rolling my eyes* 

I'm going to lay down.

4 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

I agree 100 percent. Weekends are the worst while waiting. Stay busy, and I wish you good fortune in 2011!

Anonymous said...

Have a great New Year and look at it as a great way to start your new yr with the TA and your son with you before u know it. I know its hard but you are a strong person and stay busy !

Anonymous said...

Yes, ma'am. We are still awaiting our 800 and now know it will be at least next week. Weekends and holidays are rough, especially when you are awaiting something new any day now!

And I agree, every day, every minute, just seems way too long. You're right that we may have a better perspective later, but that doesn't help right now, lol! ;0) It is comforting to know the Lord is in control and that He knows every little detail, orchestrating it for us. That is my only hope in all this hurry up and wait.

Can't wait to hear when you have TA!

Kerri said...

THIS WEEK, THIS WEEK, THIS WEEK...I'm just going to keep repeating that! Come on, come thru for Seth. Chinese New Year is Feb 3, I'm praying that before the year of the rabbit starts Seth has already found his favorite spot in his Mama's arms with his Baba and sisters all being amazed by his sweetness! THIS WEEK, THIS WEEK, THIS WEEK dare I say MONDAY, MONDAY, MONDAY????????