Dear Melissa, Sally, Rebekah, and Kerri,
Thank you so much for your touching comments. Oh boy did I need to hear what EACH of you had to say this morning. It made everything so much better.
Last night one of my daughters told me for the first time I was not her mom. Stab me in the heart! Of course, I was very calm- making sure not to react... until I cried.... oops... Doug had a long conversation with this one and by bedtime everything was fine. She was just looking for some attention- her comments had nothing to do w/ adoption. I asked her this morning if she knew what the word "adoption" means. She said "no". I guess I should explain it. We just tell our kids they come from China. They all think children come from a belly or China- either way, the same.... because to us, it is! I don't like the "a-word" because it's such a label. At any rate, this morning she came in snuggling me and calling me "mom" every two seconds. Phew!
I needed to know that others understand and are there to uplift.
Loves to you all!
Suzie
5 comments:
Sounds like a rough night. So glad everything is better today! It is interesting that you mention they don't really understand what the word "adoption" means. Having not been on that side yet, it never occured to me that they wouldn't automatically know exactly what it means. Good insight, girl! And keep persevering! The Lord is doing an amazing work in you and in your family, and it will glorify HIM!!!
Suzie,
I am going to go against the crowd when I say that I am not sure that what you are going through has anything to do with Seth being a boy or girl!
You have just added a toddler to your family. It is known that Seth's age is the most difficult age to adopt, such a transition time as it is in their little lives and then to be adopted and thrown into a whole new environment.
Boys can be very different than girls, but through my 10 children 6 of which are boys and 4 are girls I think it more boils down to each child's personality and disposition more than gender. Sure there are differences but I think what you are dealing with is more the fact that you just added a toddler to your already established family and now EVERYONE has to find a new normal.
It will all be beautiful just as it has been with each of your kids!!
Miss you! love ya! And only a phone call away!
Oh GIRL!! Lets talk....seriously! I hope my blog made you feel better! For goodness sake, I've nicknamed my children neandrethals!!!
delucam1@insightbb.com
email me!!
LOVE YOU!!! I can't imagine a world without our children in it! Some days are so much harder than others and then there are those days when we just sort of sail thru, easy, breazy! Here's hoping there's more of the latter for all of us! lol
Oh hun.. we all go through it. None of mine are adopted and I still get told that I am not their mom (especially by the 7 yr.old girl) Part of it is age, yes the changes and as for the destructiveness. Well, my little guy wildly enjoys it that and coloring all over everything.
Hang in there. You are a great mom and these days will pass and one day you will laugh.
Post a Comment