Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A United States Citizen

We officially have the certificate welcoming Seth to our country as a citizen of the USA.

I look forward to tomorrow when I can walk BACK into the social security office (who last week told me there was no way he could be a US citizen for a year *rolling my eyes*) and get his name changed on the social security card that was mailed to us.  It's interesting how the government can make a huge mistake- like the wrong name on a social security card- and we have to trek 30 minutes downtown, get a number, and wait in line for 45 minutes- only to be told incorrect information.  Hmmm...  whatever.... I just hope I get the same lady.  I would like very much to educate her so that no one else is given the mistaken information I was given last week.  Luckily, this is our third adoption so I walked out last week knowing she was wrong...

Welcome to the freedoms of America, my son!!

5 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Don't even get me started on the Social Security office, ours here is a joke as well!!!

Gracie got her certificate today too! So I will be heading down there in the very near future too!!

Meredith said...

Amen!

the herd said...

wonderful!

Ganine said...

Awesome!! Government offices... well all you can do is takedeep breaths,

Nicole said...

I am so sorry you had this experience. We had a similar experience in Burlington. The lady told me first that my son was NOT a U.S. Citizen (I explained he was and had become one the moment our plane landed at JFK.) She then explained to me that she didn't know "which president made it a law that foreign children adopted by Americans became citizens when the plane landed" but that the SSN does not have to follow that law. I called Bernie Sanders office. I filed a complaint. I received an apology from SS and was told the staff in VT was going to have the law and protocol reviewed...that was last April...I'm sorry things have not changed!