Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Daley Reading.... get it??


So the big girls are so excited about reading books.  I've purchased the "BOB Books" which I will say were the very best investment.  They start very easy and get harder in a very natural way.  This morning during "Daley Reading Time" I turned to see ALL of the kids "reading".  IT was great!

Notice how Seth is kicking everyone... yeah... he didn't last long with the other three.  Can I say once again how a boy in our all girl family has really been ROCKING our world.

I've not slept a night through since before the surgery and the last two nights I've been up every hour.  Oh wow.... then as a thank you, he hit me in the face this morning.  Ahh.... motherhood.  Gotta love it!


 My Claire is the most devoted of all my readers.  Every night I find her reading books on her own.  She's finished all the books in the first level and is easily conquering the second level now.  I'm amazed!


Paige is doing a tremendous job as well. She's more Type-A so if she isn't perfect, she gets frustrated.  However, we were able to finish both girls Kindergarten Skills Books last night.  Just in the nick of time as the last day of school is tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

We love the BOB books!!!

rlmquest said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! I hope we can get together again! I can't believe your last day of school is tomorrow. We still have 3 weeks. I am so glad Seth's surgery went well. my kiddos were asking about him!

chinamom said...

I feel your pain with the lack of sleep...hang in there. This too will pass.

Rob and Sarah said...

Books are awesome! The library here in owasso has a summer reading program that we signed all three of the girls up for...if they read 8 books they get a medal, and if they read 20 they get a blow up airplane. It's a good way to start working on teaching Gwen to read! We'll have to check out the BOB books!

Sally-Girl! said...

Just catching up and I have to agree that the Bob books are the best. It is how I got Gio to read when I returned from China with Gracie. He has now passed up Bryson in reading and is at grade level!!!

Those silly bob books, who would have thunk!!!