Erin: "Mama, I wanna be a cowgirl." *sweet eyes peering into my soul*
Me: "Okay." *blissfully unaware of what I'm getting myself in to*
Erin: "Mama, oh please can I have cowgirl boots?" *smile, head tilted*
Me: "Let's go to Wal-Mart and see if we can find boots!"
Wal-Mart- NO COWBOY BOOTS- Come on! This is IDAHO! NO BOOTS??
Erin: "Let's find boots at another store." *you're getting sleepy*
Drive to Cal-Ranch specialty store, hypnotized.
Erin: "I wanna cowgirl hat!" *she just loves Toy Story and wouldn't you know it, they have a Jessie hat*
Me: "Here's a cute one!" *never mind the price tag*
Erin: "Let's find boots" *pursed lips*
Me: "Ok!" *no money in purse*
Boots have an imperfection saving me $10. Super! Still... $35 for boots. $21 for hat.
I am a SUCCOR! There you have it. Be cute and get what you want. I'm a bad mom.... I KNOW!
Claire came home from school wondering why Erin had boots and a hat. I reminded her that she got a cowgirl hat for her birthday. She remembered the boots Vera left. Therefore, I had TWO gorgeous cowgirls who walked around hand in hand all afternoon..... Priceless.

3 comments:
Erin is one lucky little girl!! I know what you mean about that angelic look and that sweet little voice. I doubt I could have resisted either. She is one loved little lady. That is one happy little cowgirl.
cowgirl boot sometime DO last a longtime and get lots of wear..and ther IS handme down potential...(rationalize) CUTE!!!
I also learned the hard way that Wal-mart doesn't see cowgirl boots. My girls were cow girls for Halloween last year. The boots were the hardest thing to find!
Post a Comment