Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bread

So, it's been my goal to make all our own bread.... not for any super good health reason, but because I'm cheap!   I'm saving $4 a week!  HA!  It's been working out really well.  I make a big one for the grown ups and a smaller ones for the kids.  It's great for school lunch.  I can help the girls feel like grown up eaters, without sending grown up sandwiches. 


5 comments:

Jessica said...

This reminds me of something Jordan said last week. He again brought up how much he misses Suzie's honey butter :) You are the honey butter queen in our family.

Anonymous said...

Great job Suzie!!! The bread looks amazing and I know it tastes delicious!!!. I love the idea of a smaller loaf for the kids. When my kids were little I use to make all of our bread too (as my mother did also only she made 4 loaves several times a week - we feed 8-15 people depending on the day and meal-good ole farm life), anyway, my loaves often overproofed and mushroomed over the top of the pan - and I had bread that was too big to send in a normal sandwich bag. Dave got comments from his co-workers about the huge sandwiches he brought and asked where he got the bread from. My kids were pre-schoolers at the time and Doug loved to eat the raw dough. I didn't dare let him have much as I feared the yeast would rise in his stomach and give him a bellyache. Your bread makes me want to go bake a loaf.
Love
sue

Mike and Heidi said...

Way to go!!! I wish I had that ambition.

J and V said...

I think you must be "mother of the year"!

Joanna said...

You are the coolest for making your own bread. How do you do it with 4 kids! I can barely breath or sleep with three!