Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Four days. Yes, FOUR!

The countdown is on... well, it's been on awhile, but it's REALLY on now!  Yesterday on the way to church I asked the kids what we should sing.  I got a unanimous, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home!"  We all screamed it in the car!  It was fun.

I miss Doug horribly.  And truthfully, I want to just get away from this house mess and move on to greener pastures... really!  England is SO GREEN!  Reminds me of Vermont.

My good sisters are coming this morning to help me continue packing and moving things out.  Our house will be officially empty on Wednesday night.

The big girls are having going away parties at school on Wednesday.  Seth and Erin have preschool today and tomorrow and then they're done.

My nerves are shot.  My kids are in need of a kind mother who doesn't yell at them for spilling a drop of water on the floor that could possibly make a water mark right before a showing....

Doug says everything is going really well in England.  I figure that this is my test from God... can I handle it?  Yep.  The biggest test will be the 16 hours of travel time on Friday.  10, 50 lb. bags, 6 carry ons.  We'll carry on alright!


Erin's wearing my homecoming crown.  She thinks I was a real queen...  Hee.  Hee.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Suzie,
I wish I was there to help lighten your load. You are an amazing lady who will make it through with flying colors. I am so excited for you and your family to be re-unitied. Remember Erin is right - you are of royal birth - you are Heavenly Father's daughter - you are a queen and I bet Doug would say 'YOU are his QUEEN !!' He would be lost without you. Carry on and stay strong. Love ya, sue

Anonymous said...

You can do it. You will be tired, frustrated, cranky, but it will work, and it will be amazing.

We're saving up our pennies to visit you. You're back on our side of the world, except for that big pond.

And yes, we love where everything is green. Especially now, when everything is in it's autumnal technicolor splendor.

Jackie