Chicagogirl27 meets Shadarak74 on ldschat.com the week he turned 28. She was, obviously 27. She was bored on the computer one night. Talked to a guy who lived in Vermont- where she had lived while a missionary several years prior. He knew people she knew. He was an educated and interesting. After a few weeks she reluctantly made him work really hard to find her phone number and they talked... for about 8 hours.
They knew each other five months and had only seen each other 27 days in person. And yet, ten years ago today they got married.
Everyone thought we were nuts (except for my dad who said, "I'm glad Suzie FINALLY found herself a man!"). Doug's coworkers took bets at how long the marriage would last. The longest bet was 9 months. They lose.
Ten years later. Chicagorak- as the paparazzi would name them- have four kids, live in England, and are celebrating that day 10 years ago when close friends and family celebrated with the chicken dance.
Life lesson learned. If you get bored just go online... you may hit the jackpot.
I love you Doug...
3 comments:
I loved hearing the story of how you two met. I guess I need to get bored and go online. :)
Happy Anniversary!! What a cute story!!
Oh my goodness, has it been 10 years!! Happy Anniversary!! I feel honored to have met you guys almost 10 years ago. :)Miss you two!!
Post a Comment