Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Aging



Tonight I surprised Doug by taking him on a seafood dinner cruise on Lake Champlain. We dressed up a little and I put on make-up (which used to be a daily routine but with my kiddos it's more like... face powder and maybe some eye liner on a good day). I was thinking how pretty I was- despite some extra chub I falsely blame on trying to bring baby Erin into the world.

Then we take this picture. I look at it and think, "HOLY COW! I LOOK SO OLD!" I do! I look like my mom... sorry mom... you know I think you're pretty and all but you're the one who has always looked like this, not me :) Aging is weird as I feel the same on the inside. It's the outside that does all this unnecessary changing. My 91 year-old grandma agrees. At any rate, I'm now wondering at what age I should buy those sweatshirts with baby deer or bunnies or autumn leaves.... 'tis the season for the leaves, I guess. Just so people don't start asking if my kids are my grandkids. I think that would push me over the bridge of insanity.

5 comments:

Megs said...

OK, Suz...I gotta tell you you look AWESOME!! :D You were so pretty our freshman year and I SWEAR you look even more beautiful now! :D Don't knock aging...it looks great on ya! ;) What a cute pic of you are your hubby! I gotta get some new family pics of us!
(I looooove to try to blame my extra chub on the kidlets...but considering my oldest is 9...and our 'baby' is running around and trying to talk on the phone, my 'excuses' are gettin' a bit thin! LOL)

Anonymous said...

Suzie, I think you're beautiful. If you look like mom, all the better, she's beautiful. You're not chubby. As for the sweatshirts with the deer and baby bunnies, I think that maybe 34 is just about the right age. You are pushing it a little as far as age is concerned. Now I know what to get you for Christmas!! But you know what's next...holiday earings (the big pumpkins and lightup lightbulbs for Christmas) and sweaters to wear to church!

the Nielsen's said...

Suzie, There is never a time nor age where you should start wearing those sweatshirts with snow flakes nor deer. You are a beautie. No need too worry about age.

Meredith said...

You are cracking me up. At least now I know what to get you for Christmas:) And I've seen your mom, You don't really look like her.

Kerri said...

Don't do it! Just say no to bunnies, deer and autumn leaves! You, my dear, are gorgeous and are nowhere near ready for that! This week it occurred to me as we were talking about Max's 17th birthday (a mere 4 weeks away!) that I'm not old enough to have a child that old! I refuse to give in! Those sweatshirts lead down a road I'm not taking to puffy paint and bedazzled something or others! I am fighting the baby chub too. Leah is now almost 4 and I swear I don't know where this extra 30 pounds came from...maybe China when we brought her home? lol