Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate and Tree Nuts


&

So... I knew our new preschool says "NO!" to tree nuts. Though no one is allergic in the class, they told us that they keep the rule in place... just in case. I'm okay with that. I know that nut allergies are not uncommon.

This morning I thought it would be fun to send Paige and Claire with a sugar-free dessert in their lunch. Claire got vanilla pudding and Paige the chocolate. When I came to pick up the girls this afternoon, Paige started questioning me about why she couldn't have chocolate. Her teacher told me that chocolate is forbidden at school. She told me, "It's in the handbook!"They wouldn't even let her eat it this one time... she must've felt horrible watching her sister eat her vanilla pudding.

What is up? It was SUGAR FREE! Apparently, schools desire us to feed our kids celery and water. Sheeeesh!

5 comments:

Rob and Sarah said...

I know how you feel. Gwen's preschool asks us to bring in only healthy lunches and snacks for them...I worry every day because I give her pringles or fruit snacks for her snacks because that's what she likes and I try to balance it out with the fruit juice and veggies she has with her lunch. I am too afraid to even put a "treat" in her lunch!! Sorry I haven't called to get together. I was going to last week but I came down with a really nasty cold on Tuesday and I am still trying to get rid of it. Hopefully we'll be able to have you guys over next week for some play time!!

the herd said...

The answer: drop out and move to Steptoe.

J and V said...

I was going to say the same thing as Beth, move to Idaho!

Megs said...

I understand wanting the kids to have healthy lunches and snacks, but by forbidding certain treats (not the nuts, our school is the same) entirely I think they are creating weird ideas about food! It is all about moderation! It is sooooo OK to have a treat now and then... ;) Of course my 3 year old totally wanted chocolate chip cookies with Chocolate milk for breakfast this morning.... LOL!!! And my girls totally ate an entire head of Romaine lettuce last night...my kids are soooo weird! HA HA HA! Good luck, and poor Paige! I am sure you let her eat it at home! ;) Good luck!!! :D

Jon and Sunny Robbins said...

Unbelievable!