Oh this little love is a Mama's boy!
He will not leave me for a single instant. He didn't even want anything to do with his orphanage workers when they were reunited with us this morning. He prefers I hold in my arms- his head on my shoulder- cheek to cheek. No more crying... unless someone else tried to hold him. We had to climb 6 stories of steps today for some kind of approval. I had Doug hold him. He wailed the entire time. At lunch he cried when we had to part long enough for me to scoot out of a booth at the restaurant. I am so sad for Doug. But, since we've done this before, he's been through this before. It will get better.
He loves cars.
He loves, loves, loves food. He held on to a meat bun this morning for 4 hours. I finally pried it from his hands at lunch to replace it with something else to eat.
I cut his hair last night. No more funky bangs... sorry for all those who liked the bangs. I've been wanting to chop those for several months now.
But, best of all. Seth talked today. He's been silent since yesterday. He's going around the hotel pushing buttons and opening/closing drawers. He's really coming out of his shell. Hoorah!
I sent my sister a couple of pictures of our first glimpse of Seth and a picture I took this morning. I call it: From Chinese to American. You'll see why when you see the cute picture.
Things couldn't be any better. We are so blessed.
PS: Adoption Final. Ours. Our family is complete and nothing, nothing, nothing will ever separate us again.
7 comments:
Congrats on your sweet boy! What an amazing blessing and journey to be on. I am sure we just may see you in Guangzhou!
I wondered how long it would take you to cut that funky hair in the front.
Well you know he is just adorable! I can't wait to see him in person! So glad that he is attaching well to you (no thing as too well, ha ha!) and I'll be praying he warms up to Doug soon.
We are in the final stages of packing....HOW we will make everything fit, I just don't know!
Hugs!
BEAUTIFUL!!! Just the way it should be! Loving his Mama! God has given you a heart to love all of your little ones Suz and somehow the energy to do it too! I am so excited and happy for all of you! I can't wait until Seth meets the rest of his family! I cry at the thought of the love waiting for him! So proud to call you friend! Love you girl! (and Doug too!)
Did you send more pictures? I didn't get them... try again, okay! Poor Doug. I'm glad he's happier! That's great!
p.s. I told the caseworker that I'm done and they need to find another home for Chester.
I am so happy for you guys!! You look so happy!
Good for you guys. I'm excited for you.
Post a Comment